Archived Topic

Poll: What is your football experience

by DarthMagnus · 10/2/2011

Advertisement
D
DarthMagnus
Just thought it would be interesting to see what kind of football experience we have around here.
S
SpiffCoug
Watched for 10+ years, and have about 28 Turkey day games under my belt as well.
S
Schmoe
This should be a multiple answer poll, it's very possible/likely that someone could have both played and coached, but not necessarily always the case.
D
DarthMagnus
I update the poll to include two more possibilities. You can change your vote as well. There is a set max of 10 options to choose from though, so there may still be some people that don't fit neatly into the poll, so just choose what you think is best.



Edit: Crap. It resets the poll. hmm...
V
vancouvercougar
I played a lot of Madden NFL. I didn't see that as a choice.
Advertisement
D
DarthMagnus
vancouvercougar wrote:
I played a lot of Madden NFL. I didn't see that as a choice.

LOL, yeah, I was thinking about that while making the poll. I mean, I've led BYU to multiple consecutive NC's in NCAA football. That's got to count for something.
T
trueblue72
Played in college, didn't want to continue playing after suffering a broken ankle and torn ligaments. I guess if I had been playing at the Y my feelings may have been different.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
1
1967cougar
I coached high school in South Carolina - just one year though. My experience in Hurricane is that there is way WAY too much emphasis on high school football. I can see the need in college, but even there practices are limited. In high school (at least in my town) there is no end to the 110% devotion and dedication they expect out of teenage boys, who also have a life to live outside football. And it starts too early, in my opinion. Little kids who's heads can barely support a helmet are playing games where potential injuries can affect the rest of their lives. Probably a lot of Dad's reading this who want their son to be the next Steve Young and will disagree with me. But, at the high school level - just back off. My gosh, it's only a game.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.