Archived Topic

OSU on TV?

by Wickchad · 10/3/2011

Advertisement
W
Wickchad
Is the Oregon State game going to be on TV? They suck. We suck. Will we be able to watch it if the Pac 12 TV partners don't pick up the game? Will it be on KJZZ? BYUTV?
C
Cougarbib
Good question. Independence has spoiled me. I can't imagine having to look for Justin TV or settle for KSL Internet Radio again - wait - I can imagine it - memory is still to recent. I hope for something better.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
The irony is that the first game of the year that will probably not be on a major network will be a PAC 12 game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
The beauty of the situation is that if OSU does't find someone to televise it, BYUtv can enter in to offer their services. If it's just done locally, BYU once again has the power and opportunity to negotiate it to be on BYUtv. There are finally options and we're not regulated to whatever stupid decision the MWC would make being forced by Comcast.
W
Wickchad
I emailed Jay Drew to find out if he knows whats going on. He said that he hopes to find out today and will tweet or blog it when he gets an answer.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
You and Jay are tight, huh?



(just kidding :) )
W
Wickchad
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
You and Jay are tight, huh?



(just kidding :) )


I need as much notice as possible if this game isn't going to be on TV to figure out if I can make the drive to Oregon.
W
Wickchad
Sounds like the game might only be on Beaver Nation Online (livestream). Anyone know how this works and if you can actually watch a live feed of the game? Does it cost anything?
E
EM_Puma
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Sounds like the game might only be on Beaver Nation Online (livestream). Anyone know how this works and if you can actually watch a live feed of the game? Does it cost anything?


Does it cost anything? Do one-legged beavers swim in a circle?



Actually I don't know, but I'll be shocked stupid if it didn't.
V
vancouvercougar
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Sounds like the game might only be on Beaver Nation Online (livestream). Anyone know how this works and if you can actually watch a live feed of the game? Does it cost anything?


$9.95 per month. Not sure if you can cancel after a month or if there is a penalty.



http://www.osubeavers.com/allaccess/
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
I'd be happy to pay $10 to be able to watch the game. The feed just better work. Its probably time for the BYUtv HD truck to make a road trip and broadcast the game. Hopefully they can get something worked out. I don't know why OSU wouldn't want the game broadcasted live on the BYUtv.
E
EM_Puma
I thought we were finally away from this crap.
L
Lawboy
Away games fall under away team contract. In this case. the awesome PAC deal. The PAC sucks. I mean, I hate the PAC.
G
Guest
The Pac12 sucks. How could they let a matchup like this not be on TV? Don't they know how many Mormons there are between Utah and the West Coast? Unless they are specifically trying to sabotage or hurt the Mormons.
W
Wickchad
I do not believe the Pac 12 has any control over the TV coverage. Its up to the TV partners which game they pick up and I think there is a hierarchy of the choice of picks. After that if the game isn't picked up it can be broadcast locally as long as the game time does not conflict with the start time for the games selected by the TV partners. The TV partners have up until 7 days before the game to pick up the game.



ESPN picked the ASU - Oregon game

Vs picked the Stanford - Washington State game



FSN hasn't announced coverage for any games that week. The only other game for the Pac 12 on Saturday is Colorado - Washington. This Saturday FSN is doing two games so hopefully they cover our game next week.



The last glimmer of hope is that the BYU game starts at 1:00 PM PST and the ESPN/Vs games start at 4:30 pm and 7:15 pm PST so the game is not blocked from a local broadcast. Utah plays at 9:00 am PST but it is part of the Big East TV contract.



There was an article in the paper from the first week of the season talking about the Utah-Montana State game that was on KJZZ that details this year's TV rules but I can't find it.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
IF there's no TV for this game, then I'm going to be royally pissed. In a day and age where highschool games end up on TV, how could this game not be televised?
C
CAFB_04-12
Lesson learned: do not play Pac-12 teams that suck.
W
Wickchad
Someone on cougarboard sent an email to Tom Holmoe asking what was going on with the TV coverage for this game. Holmoe's assistant responded with this:


We are still working on finalizing the details of what tv station will be broadcasting the game. We will put it up on our website as soon as we know.


http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=7519550



The response sounds pretty confident that the game will be on TV and it just needs to be determined what station it will be on. I don't know how this week could go any worse for Holmoe if he fails to get this game on TV.



The question is if we are in the Big 12 and we are playing at Iowa State might we run into this same problem? For as bad as the mtn sucked, at least every game was on TV.
S
scott715
Dave McCann saya details are coming.
S
SpiffCoug
I'm guessing the BYUtv truck will be on the move this time next week.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.