Archived Topic

2013 - Billy Green QB - Verbal

by jvquarterback · 6/15/2012

Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
Guess he's the new one who was offered.



Ht: 6-2 Wt: 196

SPEED = 4.80 - 40yd.

AGILITY = 4.45 - Shuttle.

STRENGTH = 200lbs - BP.

POWER = 375lbs - Squat.

King's HS Seattle, WA



This is the best quality video of in game performance: http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/wa/seattle/kings-school1/bill-green" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GIau64N6co



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLmTH2o2Tqk



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8iRSVKyxw4&feature=player_detailpage
J
jvquarterback
Here's my critique. He throws the ball like I did in high school. Which means his arm strength doesn't look great. There are a lot of looping passes in game and in practice. Fortunately he looks to be a lot more accurate than I was and reads the defenses better as well. So rather than criticizing his arm strength I'll just say he has great touch.



Maybe if I had worked harder and been 7 inches taller and 50 lb heavier as a sophomore and junior I too could have gotten a scholarship offer to BYU as a QB.
B
byucougar1
Sorry that you didn't get offered. However, this site is peppered with armchair QBs, who unabashedly second guess any coach's decision with impunity.
B
byucougar1
I believe that the QB that we offered last week after BYU Jr. Day was Billy King from Shoreline HS, WA. He is 6-2/196 and is quite the passer.
J
jvquarterback
byucougar1 wrote:
I believe that the QB that we offered last week after BYU Jr. Day was Billy King from Shoreline HS, WA. He is 6-2/196 and is quite the passer.


Nope. It's Billy Green of King's HS located in Shoreline.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I'm going to say no. BYU is 0-3 when it comes to QBs from Washington.



Drew Miller - transferred

Matt Berry - showed promise as RS FR, hurt as a SO, rarely played again

Jake Heaps - transferred



I don't want another QB from the Seattle area.
B
BroncoBot
:skeptic: man, some rock solid logic there spiff.



Seattle, three strikes, YOU'RE OUT!!!!!
J
jvquarterback
Verbally committed today
S
SpiffCoug
Having now watched the video, you can tell he's young and needs some coaching. Too much arc on his ball and much of those highlights were a single read and throw.



But welcome aboard. I do think he's going to get good coaching at BYU. Doman has a good track record of getting his QBs to improve. Beck was better when he left, so was Hall and Nelson has greatly improved in his four years at BYU.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Soooo..... you're saying he's a project? ;)



Welcome to BYU Mr. Green! work hard.
B
byucougar1
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765585879/BYU-football-gets-early-commits-from-QB-Billy-Green-receiver-Hayden-Weichers.html?pg=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Must have been more than just a project as he was recommended by the Heaps QB trainer, he stood out at the BYU FB camp and Doman offered him right away. He is also a good fit because he feels the school espouses his Christian values. BTW - Doman has been very good at selecting and targeting QBs - I am sure he learned from the Heaps debacle.
B
byucougar1
The awards that he won last year indicate he is an accomplished QB.



2011 Cascade Conference Offensive MVP

2011 Associated Press All State

2011 Football University Regional Top Gun MVP

2011 National Underclassman Regional MVP
Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
I also think my running is kind of underestimated at times as well. I think I kind of got a chance to show that part off a little this past season and ran for over 400 yards and six touchdowns. Those are sort of the things that I’m going to bring to the table.


I wonder what Doman said to him during the call that prompted this kind of response.
I
imuakahuku
Read about him last week and he sounded an awful lot like our starting QB, well at least the one who started the last game. ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.