Archived Topic

Where does Dupaix fit in?

by snoscythe · 1/5/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Just wondering where Joe Dupaix is fitting in the rumored shake-up:



Offensive Staff as of 2012:

Lance Reynolds; Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends

Brandon Doman; Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach

Ben Cahoon; Receivers Coach

Joe DuPaix; Running Backs Coach/Recruiting Coordinator

Mark Weber; Offensive Line Coach



Staff for 2013 (rumored):

Robert Anae; Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line

Brandon Doman; Quarterbacks Coach

Ben Cahoon; Receivers Coach

Mark Atuaia; Running Backs Coach

Unknown: Tight Ends Coach



Is there a slot for Joe Dupaix left on the staff? Can he take over the TEs? Otherwise he's looking like the odd-man out.
F
frdbtr
I am really skeptical about him being a TE coach. I am unsure at how effectively he coached the running backs.
H
HoosierCougar
Anae has coached TEs, so I am sure that he can hire/retain a TE coach with those same qualities.
S
snoscythe
HoosierCougar wrote:
Anae has coached TEs, so I am sure that he can hire/retain a TE coach with those same qualities.


Which means Dupaix is out? Remember, you're limited to 10 coaches in NCAA football, so to add someone, someone else has to leave. We've lost Reynolds and Weber, but we've added Anae and Atuaia, so to bring in someone new, someone old has to go.
G
Guest
Duplicate tweeted about going out recruiting today. Is he in? Is he out? I don't know. I think he could coach TEs but its not the natural spot.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
Jeff Call tweeted:



"I am hearing tonight that it is less certain than it was before that Brandon Doman remains on BYU's staff."



If Doman isn't on staff do we have a shot at Detmer??
L
Lawboy
Who says Atuaia will coach the backs? He could be TEs.



Regardless, DuPaix has a great attitude and heads up recruiting. Don't think he is going anywhere.
M
mizzoucoug
IF DuPaix has been pushing the option plays and will still continue to do so then he should go.
E
EM_Puma
All I can say is that for a team that has recorded the amount of success we have over Bronco's reign, it sure sounds like the mechanics of the operation have been out of kilter. I can't even express in words how all of this feels as a fan to hear of discord and issues and now bring back one of those that seemed to be part of the problem. If he conflicted with Reynolds enough to leave the program and only came back when he was gone, how am I supposed to process that information with a positive spin? Bronco felt it was more important to keep Reynolds because he didn't want to lose his sons? I am so confused as a fan and not happy that Brandon Doman, Ben Cahoon, or Joe DuPaix could be gone. I had not heard anything unfavorable about any of them and on the subject of recruiting, I had only heard positives.



Sorry to be a Danny Downer, but we've gone from the summer of discontent of conference membership to the summer of discord of coaching staff. I am saddened by individuals that used to be such emotional and economic supporters of BYU that have stepped back from the program because of the constant commotion that seems to have descended upon BYU. I guess what frustrates me even further is that while I appreciate the job Bronco does and he is an incredible man, I know few issues will ever be discussed and we'll go on trying to think "all is well" until something else happens and the discontent over something else will surface.



The majority of the fan base had the though of "don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya" as Anae departed and looked with hope that Doman would be the answer. Now we've flushed that idea and returned back to find the crapper full of what we though was gone even before that and we supposed that we wanted gone, but are now to believe that we actually didn't.



If this sounds confusing, then I am achieving my point, because that is what I feel like concerning the FB team and this coaching issue--confused.
D
Ddawg
Understood. The doctor recommends a glass of water and some extra strength migraine medication (Bayer, Excedrin, etc.). It won't cure the problem, but it takes the edge off so you can endure more discouraging, confusing news. Power on! LOL! ;)
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
There is no way Bronco could fire Reynolds and come out looking good, even if it would have been a benefit to the program (which it probably would have). Reynolds leaking all the information to his buddy Harmon in 2010 wasn't popular with Bronco, but there was nothing he could do about it.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.