Archived Topic

So, what exactly is Bronco responsible for?

by Cougs_Rule · 1/25/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
it's people like you that drive coaches like Bronco away. We've had no poorly-handled scandals under his watch. The team has largely been excellent BYU standard bearers, which to the Board of T, is more important than wins.



Bronco is a student of football. A student of running organizations. he is a learner, one of the winning-est coaches in D-1 football and ran a top 5 defense last year. He's made mistakes. he's honorable and honest. Last year we were one or two players and one or two coaches away from beating the NC losers, Notre Dame, on the road with an offensive line that has seen more injuries than a 3rd World lumber yard. He's a brilliant defensive mind and one of his players will be a first round draft pick this year. He'll probably send another first rounder next year. He's also a rare coaching talent in a relatively tiny BYU head coaching list.



and should he leave BYU, he could easily go to about 10 BCS schools in a heartbeat that would love to triple his under-market BYU salary. That's the guy you're trying to chase out of town right?



Geez. What IS enough for you?



(Sorry, Mrs Crowton. We're not bringing your husband back. :lol: )


You can claw-back some of your misplaced accusations. Bronco doesn't read CC. I am pretty certain after meeting and chatting with him twice at his charity events that I'm not the one running him out of town.

Is this site anything more than a place where avid Cougar fans come to chat, argue, speculate or report what they have heard?

I have stated what would be enough.


When you shook his hands twice did the cock crow thrice or did you lack the integrity to make it clear that you are not impressed with his character?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
The problem is that dm/cougs_rule became more of a fan of the potential of Jake Heaps than of the program and ever since he didn't pan out he has been obsessive in his searching for someone else to blame for it. From Anae to Reynolds to vast conspiracies to Bronco, they all are responsible for Heaps not being successful at the college level.


At one point, DM admitted on this forum that he had a bone to pick with Riley due to something that happened before Riley became a cougar. He has hoped for Riley to fail and been more than annoyed that Riley even got a chance to succeed.



I got in trouble for joking that DM was Jake's little sister. Someone above joked that DM was Mrs. Crowton. I guess there is nothing like the wrath of a woman scorned!



DM - share your Riley experience before someone tries to joke that he jilted you at the Prom.



Worst of all, someone accused you of being more long-winded than The Bibster.



:)

:)

:)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
The problem is that dm/cougs_rule became more of a fan of the potential of Jake Heaps than of the program and ever since he didn't pan out he has been obsessive in his searching for someone else to blame for it. From Anae to Reynolds to vast conspiracies to Bronco, they all are responsible for Heaps not being successful at the college level.


Theory, speculation, trolling--all usually unwelcomed on this site. Way to lead out Hawk.
C
Cougs_Rule
Cougarbib wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
it's people like you that drive coaches like Bronco away. We've had no poorly-handled scandals under his watch. The team has largely been excellent BYU standard bearers, which to the Board of T, is more important than wins.



Bronco is a student of football. A student of running organizations. he is a learner, one of the winning-est coaches in D-1 football and ran a top 5 defense last year. He's made mistakes. he's honorable and honest. Last year we were one or two players and one or two coaches away from beating the NC losers, Notre Dame, on the road with an offensive line that has seen more injuries than a 3rd World lumber yard. He's a brilliant defensive mind and one of his players will be a first round draft pick this year. He'll probably send another first rounder next year. He's also a rare coaching talent in a relatively tiny BYU head coaching list.



and should he leave BYU, he could easily go to about 10 BCS schools in a heartbeat that would love to triple his under-market BYU salary. That's the guy you're trying to chase out of town right?



Geez. What IS enough for you?



(Sorry, Mrs Crowton. We're not bringing your husband back. :lol: )


You can claw-back some of your misplaced accusations. Bronco doesn't read CC. I am pretty certain after meeting and chatting with him twice at his charity events that I'm not the one running him out of town.

Is this site anything more than a place where avid Cougar fans come to chat, argue, speculate or report what they have heard?

I have stated what would be enough.


When you shook his hands twice did the cock crow thrice or did you lack the integrity to make it clear that you are not impressed with his character?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


What a pitch in the dirt. With all your bragging about your past, dried up accolades, no donations to Broncos charity? Put your money where your mouth is, Bib. I haven't called him on his character to his face because I dont see a need to nor have i done so here. I have simply argued that there is more to this story. If some of you want to live in simplistic platitudes and face value viewpoints, I don't begrudge that. But I will confront it when I perceive it.
C
Cougs_Rule
Cougarbib wrote:
The problem is that dm/cougs_rule became more of a fan of the potential of Jake Heaps than of the program and ever since he didn't pan out he has been obsessive in his searching for someone else to blame for it. From Anae to Reynolds to vast conspiracies to Bronco, they all are responsible for Heaps not being successful at the college level.


At one point, DM admitted on this forum that he had a bone to pick with Riley due to something that happened before Riley became a cougar. He has hoped for Riley to fail and been more than annoyed that Riley even got a chance to succeed.



I got in trouble for joking that DM was Jake's little sister. Someone above joked that DM was Mrs. Crowton. I guess there is nothing like the wrath of a woman scorned!



DM - share your Riley experience before someone tries to joke that he jilted you at the Prom.



Worst of all, someone accused you of being more long-winded than The Bibster.



:)

:)

:)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Quote please, Ute Troll. If i had any beef with him before he betrayed his Utah State Aggies, it was just that. He's the worst thing that happened to this football program in the last three years, except one glory moment, err, huck a duck miracle that beat his homies at Utah State and saved BYU from a lot of bad rep.

I did want Riley to succeed. Everytime he took the field. Why would i want him to fail? That would mean I wanted BYU to fail. That was not the case. Besides, He was good enough doing that himself. He didn't need my help.

Problem is, he showed his Riley True Colors over and over and It was mostly all about Riley.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Cougarbib wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
it's people like you that drive coaches like Bronco away. We've had no poorly-handled scandals under his watch. The team has largely been excellent BYU standard bearers, which to the Board of T, is more important than wins.



Bronco is a student of football. A student of running organizations. he is a learner, one of the winning-est coaches in D-1 football and ran a top 5 defense last year. He's made mistakes. he's honorable and honest. Last year we were one or two players and one or two coaches away from beating the NC losers, Notre Dame, on the road with an offensive line that has seen more injuries than a 3rd World lumber yard. He's a brilliant defensive mind and one of his players will be a first round draft pick this year. He'll probably send another first rounder next year. He's also a rare coaching talent in a relatively tiny BYU head coaching list.



and should he leave BYU, he could easily go to about 10 BCS schools in a heartbeat that would love to triple his under-market BYU salary. That's the guy you're trying to chase out of town right?



Geez. What IS enough for you?



(Sorry, Mrs Crowton. We're not bringing your husband back. :lol: )


You can claw-back some of your misplaced accusations. Bronco doesn't read CC. I am pretty certain after meeting and chatting with him twice at his charity events that I'm not the one running him out of town.

Is this site anything more than a place where avid Cougar fans come to chat, argue, speculate or report what they have heard?

I have stated what would be enough.


When you shook his hands twice did the cock crow thrice or did you lack the integrity to make it clear that you are not impressed with his character?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


If you are comparing me to Peter, that's way too high of praise. I will try my best to live that way in my real life. Im full of faults, i make no pretense about that. Seems like he garnered a fair amount of trust in the end. If you are comparing Bronco to.....well, i will stop there. Some of you do think he walks on water.
A
Alphaleonis
To Cougs_Rule



Since I can't just push a "like" button. I'll just say it. I like your posts on this page.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:
it's people like you that drive coaches like Bronco away. We've had no poorly-handled scandals under his watch. The team has largely been excellent BYU standard bearers, which to the Board of T, is more important than wins.



Bronco is a student of football. A student of running organizations. he is a learner, one of the winning-est coaches in D-1 football and ran a top 5 defense last year. He's made mistakes. he's honorable and honest. Last year we were one or two players and one or two coaches away from beating the NC losers, Notre Dame, on the road with an offensive line that has seen more injuries than a 3rd World lumber yard. He's a brilliant defensive mind and one of his players will be a first round draft pick this year. He'll probably send another first rounder next year. He's also a rare coaching talent in a relatively tiny BYU head coaching list.



and should he leave BYU, he could easily go to about 10 BCS schools in a heartbeat that would love to triple his under-market BYU salary. That's the guy you're trying to chase out of town right?



Geez. What IS enough for you?



(Sorry, Mrs Crowton. We're not bringing your husband back. :lol: )


You can claw-back some of your misplaced accusations. Bronco doesn't read CC. I am pretty certain after meeting and chatting with him twice at his charity events that I'm not the one running him out of town.

Is this site anything more than a place where avid Cougar fans come to chat, argue, speculate or report what they have heard?

I have stated what would be enough.


When you shook his hands twice did the cock crow thrice or did you lack the integrity to make it clear that you are not impressed with his character?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


What a pitch in the dirt. With all your bragging about your past, dried up accolades, no donations to Broncos charity? Put your money where your mouth is, Bib. I haven't called him on his character to his face because I dont see a need to nor have i done so here. I have simply argued that there is more to this story. If some of you want to live in simplistic platitudes and face value viewpoints, I don't begrudge that. But I will confront it when I perceive it.


What do you mean NOR HAVE I DONE SO HERE.



You claim he threw Doman under the bus. You claim he is not willing to admit he chose or played a role in QB choices and silently lets someone else take the heat. But you didn't call out his character - or that of Matt Reynolds and Lance Reynolds and Riley Nelson.



As much suspicion as you seem to have of everyone's character tells me a lot about your's. You do not need to tell Bronco to his face or by letter if you lack the courage or talent to do it in a constructive way, but for heaven's sake don't go greet him and shake his hand like a loyal supporter or do the gold coins of sucking up just tempt too much.



And yes, I would tell you this to your face. You do know exactly who I am. The Bibster is not hiding behind my on-line identity as I share this. And, believe it or not, it is meant to be constructive. I realize you actually are a BYU fan.



Just consider the number of viewers on this site who never say a word or may be guests from other schools hearing a BYU fan calling the head coach a coward and the assistant head coach a back stabber followed by backstabbing players that sabotaged teammates. Reflects well on all that we believe in - perhaps not.



Hillary would ask



Does It Really Matter.



I think it does.



Your friend -



The Bibster



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
The problem is that dm/cougs_rule became more of a fan of the potential of Jake Heaps than of the program and ever since he didn't pan out he has been obsessive in his searching for someone else to blame for it. From Anae to Reynolds to vast conspiracies to Bronco, they all are responsible for Heaps not being successful at the college level.


At one point, DM admitted on this forum that he had a bone to pick with Riley due to something that happened before Riley became a cougar. He has hoped for Riley to fail and been more than annoyed that Riley even got a chance to succeed.



I got in trouble for joking that DM was Jake's little sister. Someone above joked that DM was Mrs. Crowton. I guess there is nothing like the wrath of a woman scorned!



DM - share your Riley experience before someone tries to joke that he jilted you at the Prom.



Worst of all, someone accused you of being more long-winded than The Bibster.



:)

:)

:)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Quote please, Ute Troll. If i had any beef with him before he betrayed his Utah State Aggies, it was just that. He's the worst thing that happened to this football program in the last three years, except one glory moment, err, huck a duck miracle that beat his homies at Utah State and saved BYU from a lot of bad rep.

I did want Riley to succeed. Everytime he took the field. Why would i want him to fail? That would mean I wanted BYU to fail. That was not the case. Besides, He was good enough doing that himself. He didn't need my help.

Problem is, he showed his Riley True Colors over and over and It was mostly all about Riley.


I just realized that you may have told me this in a PM or email. Not sure. If I find it in a PM would you like me to share it?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Cougarbib wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
it's people like you that drive coaches like Bronco away. We've had no poorly-handled scandals under his watch. The team has largely been excellent BYU standard bearers, which to the Board of T, is more important than wins.



Bronco is a student of football. A student of running organizations. he is a learner, one of the winning-est coaches in D-1 football and ran a top 5 defense last year. He's made mistakes. he's honorable and honest. Last year we were one or two players and one or two coaches away from beating the NC losers, Notre Dame, on the road with an offensive line that has seen more injuries than a 3rd World lumber yard. He's a brilliant defensive mind and one of his players will be a first round draft pick this year. He'll probably send another first rounder next year. He's also a rare coaching talent in a relatively tiny BYU head coaching list.



and should he leave BYU, he could easily go to about 10 BCS schools in a heartbeat that would love to triple his under-market BYU salary. That's the guy you're trying to chase out of town right?



Geez. What IS enough for you?



(Sorry, Mrs Crowton. We're not bringing your husband back. :lol: )


You can claw-back some of your misplaced accusations. Bronco doesn't read CC. I am pretty certain after meeting and chatting with him twice at his charity events that I'm not the one running him out of town.

Is this site anything more than a place where avid Cougar fans come to chat, argue, speculate or report what they have heard?

I have stated what would be enough.


When you shook his hands twice did the cock crow thrice or did you lack the integrity to make it clear that you are not impressed with his character?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


What a pitch in the dirt. With all your bragging about your past, dried up accolades, no donations to Broncos charity? Put your money where your mouth is, Bib. I haven't called him on his character to his face because I dont see a need to nor have i done so here. I have simply argued that there is more to this story. If some of you want to live in simplistic platitudes and face value viewpoints, I don't begrudge that. But I will confront it when I perceive it.


What do you mean NOR HAVE I DONE SO HERE.



You claim he threw Doman under the bus. You claim he is not willing to admit he chose or played a role in QB choices and silently lets someone else take the heat. But you didn't call out his character - or that of Matt Reynolds and Lance Reynolds and Riley Nelson.



Should we ask Doman if he felt he got thrown under the bus? Or for that matter if Bronco weighed in heavily if not mandated Riley start? I get why Bronco won't fall on his own sword. It's about job preservation. His stakeholders demanded change and he did what needed to be done. I actually believe Bronco feels bad for having picked Brandon too early and sad he didn't develop better over the last two years. That's supporting his character not conjuring up fault-free scenarios.

Bringing in Reynolds is a bit off topic, but I will go there. It is a fairly substantiated fact that Reynolds differed greatly, fighting openly in meetings over the direction of the offense. He did not support the OC and is therefore party to the division that took place and not doubt effected the offensive output.

Matt Reynolds is a great kid and probably felt a lot of divided feelings given what his father was in the middle of. His play was passive and underwhelming and that is a fact. He was not the leader he could have been. I bet he would admit to some of this feeling a bit helpless over the drama and division. Call that observation what it is.



As much suspicion as you seem to have of everyone's character tells me a lot about your's. You do not need to tell Bronco to his face or by letter if you lack the courage or talent to do it in a constructive way, but for heaven's sake don't go greet him and shake his hand like a loyal supporter or do the gold coins of sucking up just tempt too much.



So now, you are a psychologist? Or a Bishop? Or a pot or a kettle? I shook his hand and thanked him for how he has turned around this program and complimented him for his charity, among other things. I tried to get him to look me in the eye, but that wasn't going to happen :-) so, how's that Doctor Bishop?



And yes, I would tell you this to your face. You do know exactly who I am. The Bibster is not hiding behind my on-line identity as I share this. And, believe it or not, it is meant to be constructive. I realize you actually are a BYU fan.



Just consider the number of viewers on this site who never say a word or may be guests from other schools hearing a BYU fan calling the head coach a coward and the assistant head coach a back stabber followed by backstabbing players that sabotaged teammates. Reflects well on all that we believe in - perhaps not.



Trolling. Never called him a Coward. Never have, never will.

Trolling. Never called Reynolds a backstabber. Pure Bib-bling.

Guilty as charged--giving you the benefit of the doubt--that sabotaging methods were employed vs Jake (an easy target to be sure) by the highly competitive, play at all costs, including breaking my commitment to my former team, Riley Nelson.



Hillary would ask



Does It Really Matter.



I think it does.



I agree. It does matter.



Your friend -



The Bibster



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Bib, as for sharing anything in a PM, I guess this is a test of your "character"; but I'm not hiding anything. If you feel the need to quote a PM to somehow support your contention, go ahead. Revealer beware.
G
Guest
The football forum isn't for this squabbling. If users want to squabble do so in private messages.
Page 2 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.