Y
Y12Cougarbib wrote:CrimsonCoug wrote:
Didn't Cameron "the General" Jensen do something similar? (similar to Rich, not to Unga)
If all this is true (3 players quit because of the locker room atmosphere), then that could explain A LOT about why BYU guys aren't being drafted anymore.
I didn't know about Jensen or Unga. I thought Rich was an isolated incident, but if this has happened multiple times, then I can understand why NFL execs don't want to use draft picks on BYU players when they can't be counted on to stick with it, no matter what.
These were all NFL Bubble players re talent level. I doubt any NFL teams are viewing any of these guys as highly draftable players that would likely have been great contributors but for them nit liking the bawdy locker room environment.
BYU needs a few more highly touted recruits each year if BYU wants to see more players drafted. The NFL had evolved to be dominated by African Americans. BYU has a shortage of those and nowgets much more competition for the Polynesian recruits. White guys still make it big at QB and a fair number of white linemen, linebackers, safeties, and tight ends make it but African Americans dominate at RB, WR, and CB and more than hold their own everwhere but QB.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Agreed.
But that is what I am talking about. Those BYU guys like Vakapuna, Watkins, Nua, Rykert, Bockwoldt, and Nead who were 6th/7th round guys are now falling out of the draft completely and only getting FA deals--Manase Tonga, David Nixon--and the lower you start on the totem poll the harder it is to make the final cut and have a sustained career.
Clearly if we have a guy like Ziggy or KVN they will be drafted, but the streak of years with a player drafted depended on several years of just late round guys.

