Archived Topic

Was there a single season where Heaps was the best QB?

by craigoscarson · 10/6/2013

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
All football players, or athletes for that matter, reach a point where it's time to move on to something else. Maybe that point in time has arrived for Heaps. I wish him well in his life after football.

At this point, he should continue getting his schooling paid for by staying on scholarship and making sure he gets a good degree.



He might actually make a very good football coach. He certainly understand the mechanics of the QB position.

Basically you're saying he'd make a good scout team coach. TIC
Y
Ygridiron4ever
I'm having a fun time re-watching yesterday's GT game. Just paused the game in the drive in the 2nd quarter where Hill is passing great and has taken to carries that looked painful, but were both good gainers. Hill is just plain tough. Makes me really see what Heaps is lacking.
B
BroncoBot
Ygridiron4ever wrote:
I'm having a fun time re-watching yesterday's GT game. Just paused the game in the drive in the 2nd quarter where Hill is passing great and has taken to carries that looked painful, but were both good gainers. Hill is just plain tough. Makes me really see what Heaps is lacking.

Hill really is an animal.



Does anyone really regret watching Heaps seemingly flounder at Kansas while watching Hill develop?? I'm grateful that Heaps decided to go. Best of luck to him.
W
Wolverine
Kansas Passing vs Oklahoma

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR

J. Heaps 5/13 16 1.2 1 0 14.8

Team 5/13 16 1.2 1 0 -



Not wishing the kid anything bad, but I really like where BYU is at today at QB.
G
Guest
I think it's fair to say now that all those who thought it was the wrong decision to bench Heaps were flat out wrong, he would not have gotten the 2011 team bowl eligible, just like he wont be able to get Kansas bowl eligible.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Kansas has a really good running back. No passing attack. Decent enough defense but not good. Their easy games are behind them. Theymay not win another game.
Page 2 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.