Archived Topic

Check out the view!

by craigoscarson · 10/26/2013

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Got my seats for the Holy War 2 in San Fran!! (those seats are worth $1000 a piece to me if Utah is our opponent, thankfully they were $60... dirt cheap for front row!) You can sit in them right now if you want..



yep I'm front row! With BYU already knowing we're in, we could really take the home field advantage with a month + before the Pac team knows their destiny.



http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/kraft_bowl/#/p_130_1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U
UliUli79
That's about where my seats will be. Sixth row. Wife bought them for me as a gift for finishing my BSN and as a vacation before this next deployment.
C
craigoscarson
UliUli79 wrote:
That's about where my seats will be. Sixth row. Wife bought them for me as a gift for finishing my BSN and as a vacation before this next deployment.


I bought 3 sets of 4. 1st set was front row, the next 2 were row 4 and row 5. I figured I'd hold onto them in case we get Utah and all my family decide to go. In fact I might buy more, those seats are so close to the field that I could easily recoup my money on craigslist if I need.. plenty of time to do it.
W
Wolfman
Speaking of the Utes, I'm picking them to upset USC tomorrow 20-17. Kyle seems to get his players up whenever they play traditional powerhouse schools like USC (who is having a big down year). They had a bit of a letdown last week vs. the Cats after beating 5th ranked Stanford and I like Utah's chances because USC's kicker is something like 1 for 8 on the season... their kicking game is worse than BYU's was last year, which I think will be the difference in the ball game.
C
craigoscarson
UliUli79 wrote:
That's about where my seats will be. Sixth row. Wife bought them for me as a gift for finishing my BSN and as a vacation before this next deployment.


Congrats on the BSN... well paying career that you can do for a very long time. Come to California, nurses are making nearly $50 an hour in the central valley.
Advertisement
U
UliUli79
craigoscarson wrote:
That's about where my seats will be. Sixth row. Wife bought them for me as a gift for finishing my BSN and as a vacation before this next deployment.


Congrats on the BSN... well paying career that you can do for a very long time. Come to California, nurses are making nearly $50 an hour in the central valley.


Seriously. Utah nurse pay is horrible at best. I'd like to continue on... maybe the CRNA route. Either way, it'll probably be either the west coast or the east coast.
C
craigoscarson
Wolfman wrote:
Speaking of the Utes, I'm picking them to upset USC tomorrow 20-17. Kyle seems to get his players up whenever they play traditional powerhouse schools like USC (who is having a big down year). They had a bit of a letdown last week vs. the Cats after beating 5th ranked Stanford and I like Utah's chances because USC's kicker is something like 1 for 8 on the season... their kicking game is worse than BYU's was last year, which I think will be the difference in the ball game.


We need them to get eligible so we can smoke them in the bowl game. My tickets (got 24 so far... thinking about more) will be worth a small fortune if we get Utah (if I were the scalping type). Instead I'll just be Santa Claus with my siblings and nephews, etc.
I
imuakahuku
craigoscarson wrote:
Speaking of the Utes, I'm picking them to upset USC tomorrow 20-17. Kyle seems to get his players up whenever they play traditional powerhouse schools like USC (who is having a big down year). They had a bit of a letdown last week vs. the Cats after beating 5th ranked Stanford and I like Utah's chances because USC's kicker is something like 1 for 8 on the season... their kicking game is worse than BYU's was last year, which I think will be the difference in the ball game.


We need them to get eligible so we can smoke them in the bowl game. My tickets (got 24 so far... thinking about more) will be worth a small fortune if we get Utah (if I were the scalping type). Instead I'll just be Santa Claus with my siblings and nephews, etc.

Can I be your nephew (or niece if necessary :) ). Uli go West young man!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
Section LB130 Row 6. They were as you said, $60, plus they add a $10.25 service fee to make them $70.25.



I clicked on the email that BYU sent me over the night and they had the same cost, but they were offering me tickets in the endzone for that same price. I like to support the school buying there allotment, but sitting in the endzone to do it is not what I'm willing to do. Of course the website said that if I would join the CC at a high enough level, I didn't have to go to the endzone, just pay more. I hope they sell the tickets, but I find it hard to not be happy that I'm on the sideline at the 10 yard line instead of the endzone.



I just have a feeling this game is going to sell out quickly. It's after Christmas and San Fran isn't so hard to get in and out of. What's cool is that our opponent won't know for a month and a half that they are coming. They will be able to buy their school's allotment and some on Stubhub, local scalpers, but that will be it. This is good. If we end up with USC, tickets will be at a premium.
C
craigoscarson
EM_Puma wrote:
Section LB130 Row 6. They were as you said, $60, plus they add a $10.25 service fee to make them $70.25.



I clicked on the email that BYU sent me over the night and they had the same cost, but they were offering me tickets in the endzone for that same price. I like to support the school buying there allotment, but sitting in the endzone to do it is not what I'm willing to do. Of course the website said that if I would join the CC at a high enough level, I didn't have to go to the endzone, just pay more. I hope they sell the tickets, but I find it hard to not be happy that I'm on the sideline at the 10 yard line instead of the endzone.



I just have a feeling this game is going to sell out quickly. It's after Christmas and San Fran isn't so hard to get in and out of. What's cool is that our opponent won't know for a month and a half that they are coming. They will be able to buy their school's allotment and some on Stubhub, local scalpers, but that will be it. This is good. If we end up with USC, tickets will be at a premium.


I think it's better right now that fans don't have to go through BYU or CC. For one, we know where we're sitting right away (good luck with BYU or CC on that). Two, if it's an important game like Utah or USC, BYU and CC will have zero problem selling their tickets. Three, we have a month and a half headstart to clean out the place.



Yes, if we get USC or Utah the tickets will be at a premium and BYU will have no problem selling their allotment but BYU fans get a month and a half headstart to fill up the place!!! I have 24 tickets in our section and I might just buy more, because I see it as a no brainer investment. Give an amazing gift or double or triple my money if I flip them. (and I could do both). $60 is nothing in San Fran... it's breakfast for the silicon valley peeps.



Amazing price for amazing seats (It's so weird to be able to get ahead of the ticket brokers of the world).. when I saw front row I nearly fell out of my seat. In Big 12 country this would never happen. The ticket brokers have thousands of computers and people set up to buy tickets the second they're available. Kansas City Chiefs fans, even in the lean years (and there were plenty, I had season tickets for 4 years and they never played a single playoff game in KC), basically have 2 hours to get ahead of the brokers, one day a year, and that's if you stand in line at 6 a.m. on a weekday and have a Jackson County property tax receipt. The only other way is to be a season ticket holder and that is an entire other mess... (try giving away preseason tickets back in the early 2000s, but you had to buy them as part of the package... mine came a different way (I didn't have to buy them) but as some of you close to me know that came at a cost ;) )



Yes, that's why I keep going back and buying more tickets. Cougarclub can't offer what the Bowl website is offering right now. It's simply because we got eligible long before we know who our opponent is and they opened up the ticket sales immediately after our game last night. Ordinarily you cannot get such great seats for a bowl game without dealing with a ticket broker (for $200+ each). I went through Cougarclub to get all my Liberty Bowl and Motor City Bowl tickets and 1. I didn't know exactly where I was sitting until the tickets came 2. I had to jump through a lot of hoops with CC to get good tickets 3. They definitely weren't front row in a section that juts out into the team bench. 4. They cost a lot more than $60 each...



The amazing thing is that because this is a baseball stadium, those seats in 130 are all at baseball level and close to the field (ordinarily close to nothing because of where the left fielder would stand, but with football we're going to right in the earholes of our team or the opposing team... and if it's Utah... heaven help me I might get ejected...)



I can't help myself. At that price and that section, I could sell every ticket on craigslist for 2-3 times what I paid for it before Christmas, and if not I will be giving my nephews, cousins and siblings a great gift. And like I said if we get Utah (or even USC) these tickets are going to be hot stuff.



I would highly recommend buying tickets right now people, even if you're not sure you can go, because you won't get this price once the brokers start buying them up and the moment that the opposing team is announced they're going to be gone. You could easily get your money back via Craigslist or other BYU fans etc. $60 is dirt cheap for the quality of seats. Particularly with BYU bringing back the passing attack! It just feels right now that we've righted the ship!
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
EM_Puma wrote:
Section LB130 Row 6. They were as you said, $60, plus they add a $10.25 service fee to make them $70.25.



I clicked on the email that BYU sent me over the night and they had the same cost, but they were offering me tickets in the endzone for that same price. I like to support the school buying there allotment, but sitting in the endzone to do it is not what I'm willing to do. Of course the website said that if I would join the CC at a high enough level, I didn't have to go to the endzone, just pay more. I hope they sell the tickets, but I find it hard to not be happy that I'm on the sideline at the 10 yard line instead of the endzone.



I just have a feeling this game is going to sell out quickly. It's after Christmas and San Fran isn't so hard to get in and out of. What's cool is that our opponent won't know for a month and a half that they are coming. They will be able to buy their school's allotment and some on Stubhub, local scalpers, but that will be it. This is good. If we end up with USC, tickets will be at a premium.


Just purchased some more (surprised that really good seats are still available) I bought almost all of row 7 half of row 5 and the 1 front row seats all in section 130. I have no idea how the park thinks that

http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/kraft_bowl/#/p_124_3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



is better than



http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/kraft_bowl/#/p_130_1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C
craigoscarson
Maybe another reason to go through ATT versus BYU or CC



If you're considered the purchaser you get this... that has value if you get good seats because good tickets tend not to lose their value and you always have potential to make good profit from tickets too if you chose not to use them.



** Priority in 2014 at Levi's Stadium **



All buyers who purchase tickets before November 15th will be given special access to purchase comparable or upgraded seats to the 2014 Bowl game at Levi's Stadium, prior to the general public.



Levis stadium is the home of the 49ers... so a much better football venue next year.



So simply by buying tickets for this game, we're promised priority for 2014 in the same or better seats; which would look like:

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/levis_stadium/#/p_142_2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Not too shabby.. so make sure you use an email address when you purchase that you plan to use in a year from now so you get that email.
C
craigoscarson
http://www.byutickets.com/content/2013-fight-hunger-bowl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Right now the best available through BYU are section 106 10th row or higher.



The only other option is the ticket lottery, based on premium draw/priority points



The best option for the best seats is still the bowl itself, considering we have a month and a half before the other team is likely announced... I'm still amazed that the ticket brokers haven't bought up everything. day late and a dollar short... unusual for brokers who are usually vultures when good tix come available



http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/kraft_bowl/#/p_106_2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



So unless you're fairly high up in the cougarclub hierarchy... your best bet is the bowl site itself right now. Remember, your seats will be good enough right now that if you can't go or end up not being able to afford them, that you'll at least break even on stubhub, craigslist, ebay etc. If you think there's even a chance you're going, get in now.
S
Schmoe
So, Craig, if the Uties end up in the bowl game (looking kinda doubtful, but possible), you're gonna give us regulars at CC a chance to buy them from you at face value, right? :whistle:
W
Wickchad
Craig is one heck of a salesman. I wasn't planning on going to the game and now I own two tickets on the 7th row at the 15 yard line.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Craig is one heck of a salesman. I wasn't planning on going to the game and now I own two tickets on the 7th row at the 15 yard line.


It's a no brainer. You won't get better seats at a better price from BYU and you certainly won't get better seats if you wait.



If you don't go, you can flip them for more than you paid for em. Anywhere from row 15 down to 1 in that section 130 will go for more than you paid for them and if USC or Utah come to town you'll triple your money if you dont' decide to go.
C
craigoscarson
Schmoe wrote:
So, Craig, if the Uties end up in the bowl game (looking kinda doubtful, but possible), you're gonna give us regulars at CC a chance to buy them from you at face value, right? :whistle:


I have 26 tix right now. 24 in section 130 and 2 in section 124 in some nice seats ($1900 invested). I might have a lottery for a couple tix on cougarcorner for face value if it's Utah or USC (that'd be fun). But if Utah is the opponent, I'll have a hard time deciding between family and selling them for $300+ a pop (I could pay for the entire trip if it's Utah, USC, UCLA, or Washington... ASU and Arizona not as much.. not sure about Washington State)



Point is that section 130 up to row 20 is a no brainer if you can get them right now for the ATT bowl price. Gobble them up... or I just might.
G
Gunk
Bought 2 tix myself. Opted for section 124 row 20 instead of 130 row 6. On the 30 yard line and up a bit so hopefully will be able to see the field well enough. Still better than what BYU was offering.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
Now we're seeing talk of outside chance at BCS game. I doubt that happening as a lot of things would have to happen besides BYU winning out the rest of the season, but if by a small chance that happens, I hope they find someone that travels well so I'd be able to unload my tickets.



I never, ever thought that a possibility when I bought my ticktes.
G
Gunk
BYU would have to win out.



Texas would basically have to win out.



Everybody ahead of us would have to implode. Yes, there's a chance, but it's slim.



Assuming a miracle happens and we're off to BCS bowl, that's why I only bought 2 tickets - worst case scenario, I'm "only" out $145. Having good seats helps.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.