Archived Topic

A WVU tweeter's comments

by scott715 · 11/6/2014

Advertisement
S
scott715
https://twitter.com/mhver3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Not sure how much he knows but this was an interesting read on the Big12, ESPN and BYU.
F
Fido
Interesting stuff. I'd love to see expansion in the Big 12 happen--even if it takes a few years. BYU has full schedules several years out anyhow.
C
Cougarfan87
Fido wrote:
Interesting stuff. I'd love to see expansion in the Big 12 happen--even if it takes a few years. BYU has full schedules several years out anyhow.
I am pretty sure those contracts all have an out should we be picked up by a conference.
F
frdbtr
I think BYU would honor their contracts if they were picked up by a conference but some of the games would be pushed out far into the future.
S
Schmoe
It's no secret that I would be ecstatic if BYU joined the Big XII. But there's some things even an uber-excited blue-goggled coug like me wouldn't do:



-Put a Big XII sticker on my car.

-Wear a blue Big XII t-shirt.

-Put up a billboard that says "Now entering Big XII country" as you enter Utah County on I-15.
Advertisement
Y
YNot
MHVer3 has been close on some news, but far off on others. I do think he's connected, but considering his sources are at West Virginia, I don't think they are as solid as he thinks.



I do think it would be more likely for BYU to be a football only invite rather than a full member. If it happens, everyone needs to find FS1 on their television package.
C
Cougarfan87
frdbtr wrote:
I think BYU would honor their contracts if they were picked up by a conference but some of the games would be pushed out far into the future.

The way BYU structures its contracts, I don't think it would be dishonoring the contract to cancel the games. From the BYU contract I looked at, it had a cancellation clause should BYU be picked up by a conference. In other words, both parties are aware that the game is only contingent on BYU not joining a conference. If BYU joins a conference, then the deal is off. As long as both parties understand that up front, there is no issue of keeping commitments, since the commitment was based on a condition precedent (not being a member of a conference).
M
Mingjai
YNot wrote:
MHVer3 has been close on some news, but far off on others. I do think he's connected, but considering his sources are at West Virginia, I don't think they are as solid as he thinks.



I do think it would be more likely for BYU to be a football only invite rather than a full member. If it happens, everyone needs to find FS1 on their television package.


Actually, if his sources are at WVU, I would think he has more interesting insight than the average person with connections to a B5 school. WVU's AD is Oliver Luck, also on the playoff selection committee, who seems to have a disproportionate amount of say in the Big XII and college football in general.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.