Archived Topic

Final home game for the Seniors

by Fido · 11/18/2014

Advertisement
F
Fido
I know the weather is projecting rain and the opponent is less than stellar, but I hope the graduating seniors get honored and fans do right by them. Here is the list of seniors this year--which ones will you miss the most?



SPECIAL TEAMS

23 Scott Arellano P

96 Kevin O'Mary DS



OFFENSE

57 De'Ondre Wesley OL

50 Edward Fusi OL

73 Solomone Kafu OL

77 Michael Yeck OL

61 Quinn Lawlor OL

84 Devin Mahina TE

7 Christian Stewart QB

33 Paul Lasike RB

9 Jordan Leslie WR

18 Keanu Nelson WR

1 Ross Apo WR



DEFENSE

99 Marques Johnson DL

93 Josh Carter DL

5 Alani Fua LB

42 Michael Alisa LB

47 Zac Stout LB

20 Craig Bills DB

4 Robertson Daniel DB

1 Harvey Jackson DB

6 Jordan Johnson DB

7 Skye PoVey DB



Sorry--I had to amend the list. I guess Sampson (K) has 1 more year.

Also they are honoring OL Brock Stringham and WR Brett Thompson who suffered career ending injuries.
S
scott715
There are some heavy losses there. I wonder if the game will be played on Saturday if there is freezing rain.
A
AmmonCougar1
Fido wrote:
I know the weather is projecting rain and the opponent is less than stellar, but I hope the graduating seniors get honored and fans do right by them. Here is the list of seniors this year--which ones will you miss the most?



SPECIAL TEAMS

23 Scott Arellano P

96 Kevin O'Mary DS



OFFENSE

57 De'Ondre Wesley OL

50 Edward Fusi OL

73 Solomone Kafu OL

77 Michael Yeck OL

61 Quinn Lawlor OL

84 Devin Mahina TE

7 Christian Stewart QB

33 Paul Lasike RB

9 Jordan Leslie WR

18 Keanu Nelson WR

1 Ross Apo WR



DEFENSE

99 Marques Johnson DL

93 Josh Carter DL

5 Alani Fua LB

42 Michael Alisa LB

47 Zac Stout LB

20 Craig Bills DB

4 Robertson Daniel DB

1 Harvey Jackson DB

6 Jordan Johnson DB

7 Skye PoVey DB



Sorry--I had to amend the list. I guess Sampson (K) has 1 more year.

Also they are honoring OL Brock Stringham and WR Brett Thompson who suffered career ending injuries.


It's an interesting list filled with a few bonafide difference makers like Fua, Bills and Arellano. Some hit and miss kind of guys that flash brilliance then fizzle about as quick like Daniel, Johnson. Some good to great stories like Zach Stout and Christian Stewart. And some sad stories like Ross Apo. Even though a don't really have a favorite player on the list, (honestly I can't say there was that type of player for me this year--Maybe Jamal though I never felt like he really got rolling after the suspension in the first game) I think the senior that epitomizes BYU football the most on the list is Mike Alisa. That guy did whatever it took to get on the field. He bailed us out at RB when we had nothing. He accepted the move back to LB when some 17 or 18 yr old freshman name J-will beat him out. I don't recall hearing any complaints from him in the press.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
N
nuk13
I'm going to miss C Stew. He seems to be getting better with experience. Also if Hill doesn't come back fully ready or gets hurt again the qb cupboard is pretty bare. Lasike, Arellano and Fua were fun and contributed a lot.
S
scott715
I am interested to see how Stewart does in the last two games against decent competition now that he has it going? Lack of Williams will hurt the balance of the offense. Remember when we came out of Fall camp and there were some that support Stewart as the starter. If he wins out, there will be an argument of who was the better QB.
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
scott715 wrote:
I am interested to see how Stewart does in the last two games against decent competition now that he has it going? Lack of Williams will hurt the balance of the offense. Remember when we came out of Fall camp and there were some that support Stewart as the starter. If he wins out, there will be an argument of who was the better QB.

And what a completely pointless argument that would be. CStew has done an admirable job stepping in and I hope he leave with 2 more wins, but what would be the point of arguing who was the better QB? Hardly an apples to apples comparison and has absolutely no bearing on moving FORWARD into the 2015-2016 season.
N
nuk13
scott715 wrote:
I am interested to see how Stewart does in the last two games against decent competition now that he has it going? Lack of Williams will hurt the balance of the offense. Remember when we came out of Fall camp and there were some that support Stewart as the starter. If he wins out, there will be an argument of who was the better QB.

I am interested as well.



Is Nate Carter becoming the rb we need to do the job? What has happened to Hine?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.