Archived Topic

wishes for Savannah State game

by vancouvercougar · 11/19/2014

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
What do you want to see from the Savannah State game?



I would like to see:

1. a blowout big enough that we see another QB.

2. a shutout by the defense

3. a defensive score

4. a special teams score

5. Nate Carter gets 70 + yards and a TD



What do you want to see?
S
snoscythe
Blue sky?
V
vancouvercougar
snoscythe wrote:
Blue sky?


I live in Oregon, so I wish for blue sky every day.
A
ABYUFAN
zero punts
S
SpiffCoug
Find a fellow cougar corner member to share the wet, snow and cold during the game. I've got an extra ticket. Anyone want to go?
Advertisement
S
scott715
I hope to see a lot of the young players.
S
SpiffCoug
I don't it will happen, but I wish the 2nd and 3rd and 4th stringers who get to play get to actually play football. To run the plays, the offensive or defensive sets they have practiced all season and for years in some cases.



I want them do more than just hand the ball off of and run between the tracks and never throw it. I want to see more than just a base defense that simply reacts and doesn't do anything.



I don't want vanilla. I want everyone who plays to play BYU football, not done cheap imitation designed to simply run out the clock and end the game. Otherwise you are wasting my time, the opponent's time and the program's time.
S
stuckinbig10country
I would like for Stewart to be out sometime in the first half so that the the 2nd string QB could play with the first other first stringers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I would like for Stewart to be out sometime in the first half so that the the 2nd string QB could play with the first other first stringers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Does anyone know who this 2nd stringer is? Serious question.



I agree with spiff. Get a big lead in the 1st quarter and turn the rest of the game into a glorified practice for the guys who have spent their time and energy learning the offense and defense and have never got serious playing time.
S
Screamineagle
SpiffCoug wrote:
I don't it will happen, but I wish the 2nd and 3rd and 4th stringers who get to play get to actually play football. To run the plays, the offensive or defensive sets they have practiced all season and for years in some cases.



I want them do more than just hand the ball off of and run between the tracks and never throw it. I want to see more than just a base defense that simply reacts and doesn't do anything.



I don't want vanilla. I want everyone who plays to play BYU football, not done cheap imitation designed to simply run out the clock and end the game. Otherwise you are wasting my time, the opponent's time and the program's time.

I agree with you but if I were a betting man I would place money on us having close to 400 yards rushing in this one. I bet that is all the second half is run run run to try to run out the clock and keep the score down.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
BroncoBot wrote:
I would like for Stewart to be out sometime in the first half so that the the 2nd string QB could play with the first other first stringers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Does anyone know who this 2nd stringer is? Serious question.



I agree with spiff. Get a big lead in the 1st quarter and turn the rest of the game into a glorified practice for the guys who have spent their time and energy learning the offense and defense and have never got serious playing time.

I think McCoy Hill is the only other QB that would be ready to play.
S
stgeorgefan
HIne, Carter, Brown and Lasike to all get 100 yards rushing.



Brown and Lasike get their 100 yards each before half and Carter and Adam Hine get their's in the second half.

By the end of this scrimmage I anticipate Byu to have run 60-65% run plays. 1st-2nd quarters maybe 55% run, 2nd half will be 1st and 2nd down runs almost exclusively.
F
Fido
LoyalCougars.com says that true freshman McCoy Hill is red shirting this year, so I'd hate to see him burn that red shirt just for the Savannah State game. They also show walk-on Hayden Griffitts as 3rd string but he is also a true freshman and is leaving on a mission after this season. So I'm not sure we will see LOTS of him--but hopefully enough to help ensure Stewart makes it to Cal and the Miami Beach bowl healthy.
S
scott715
Nacua at QB?
F
Fido
That's right--in the UCF game I read they had planned to mix some Nacua at QB in there with Stewart but then had all the defensive backfield injuries that kind of made that plan not possible. That reportedly also contributed to the slide as they had been practicing to use Nacua all week in preparation and then couldn't because of the in game injuries.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
If no one else is willing, I'll dress for the second half snaps at QB. It sucks, but I'll bite that bullet. You're welcome.
A
ABYUFAN
Schmoe wrote:
If no one else is willing, I'll dress for the second half snaps at QB. It sucks, but I'll bite that bullet. You're welcome.

That's a great idea, but I was kinda hoping that we'd actually win this game.
S
Schmoe
ABYUFAN wrote:
If no one else is willing, I'll dress for the second half snaps at QB. It sucks, but I'll bite that bullet. You're welcome.

That's a great idea, but I was kinda hoping that we'd actually win this game.


http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/zing.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
scott715 wrote:
Nacua at QB?

That would be sweet. Probably has zero snaps running the BYU offense though. Maybe there's a wildcat version he could run if needed.
V
vancouvercougar
vancouvercougar wrote:
What do you want to see from the Savannah State game?



I would like to see:

1. a blowout big enough that we see another QB.

2. a shutout by the defense

3. a defensive score

4. a special teams score

5. Nate Carter gets 70 + yards and a TD



What do you want to see?


# 1 check---3 to 4 qb's used

# 2 check---shut out

#3 nope

# 4 check if you count the safety on the punt

# 5 check---Nate gets more than 100 yards & a td
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.