Archived Topic

Reddit user sorts FBS teams into Harry Potter houses

by byufan4ever · 6/8/2016

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Article where I first saw this: http://utahvalley360.com/2016/06/07/reddit-user-puts-fbs-teams-harry-potter-houses-including-byu-utah/

Actual reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/4mzr3g/fbs_teams_by_harry_potter_house/#f/pennstate



Here's the pic:
FBS Harry Potter Houses.png

So BYU gets put into Ravenclaw and here's why: Gryffindor gets the teams with the best win % against top 10 teams from 2006-2010 (note East Carolina got in with a 1-0 record...). BYU ranked 15th in this category with a 7-8 .467. Not bad really. Utah got in this house despite having a poorer record than us at 5-11 .313 #29. So why did Utah get in Gryffindor and BYU didn't? This is because we ranked #10 in CFB Academic All-Americans which was the criteria for Ravenclaw. You get put in where your strongest ranking/attribute is.



For the other houses Slytherin gets the schools with the largest revenue. And this is funny, Hufflepuff gets the left overs or the schools that didn't rank in the top 60 in the other three criteria.



What do you think? I thought this was fun and quite accurate and most commenters seem to agree! (although I really would have liked to have seen Utah in the evil Slytherin house!)
G
Guest
I think this is fun and cute, though clearly Utah is a muggle school.
B
BOID
hawkwing wrote:
I think this is fun and cute, though clearly Utah is a muggle school.


:lol: :lol: :D 8)
U
Ungoy
hawkwing wrote:
I think this is fun and cute, though clearly Utah is a muggle school.


Yup... Utah is where Dudley from the books went to school. Harry's aunt and uncle are also Ute alum... Everything makes sense, now.
S
scott715
I see that we are paired with CSU. We are both going to the Big12.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
hawkwing wrote:
I think this is fun and cute, though clearly Utah is a muggle school.

I would have guessed Azkaban
B
Brayden Green
The Utes are the Deatheaters, waiting for their Lord Yewt-know-who to rejoin them from the shadows.
N
NebraskaCoug
Hufflepuff gets the left overs or the schools that didn't rank in the top 60 in the other three criteria.


Interesting to see that most of the potential Big XII candidates ended up in Hufflepuff: UConn, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, UCF, USF....Hmmm. Interesting. :whistle:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.