Archived Topic

Interested in what AFR says today

by blue42 · 9/20/2016

Advertisement
B
blue42
As it has been discussed quite a bit the last 2 weeks about the offensive stinkatude going on, it will be very interesting to hear what the guys on AFR say about it. We know it is a collective team effort to stink so bad, but we do know Taysom is without blame in the problem. I will listen to how David Nixon handles it, seeing as he is Taysom's Brother-in-Law. Will he be more defensive of Taysom, or will he try to be more objective and point out his shortcomings so far this year.



I know, it's a weird thing to look forward to, but I am a football junkie and have no life!!
C
CrimsonCoug
I've had the same thought--how will David Nixon handle the balance between family and football. Maybe he'll recuse himself? I hope not. He usually gives some good insight on what's going on in Taysom's head.
F
frdbtr
I'm a lot more interested in what Blaine Fowler says since he has been a QB at the collegiate level.
M
McY
After watching AFR, I'm buying what they're selling about the why the problems with the offense are very fixable, starting against WVU. I thought they did a good job laying out a case for no QB change. Though I would be excited no matter what QB was starting. I would also add that if Tanner got the call, I'm guessing the AFR crew would have all sorts of reasons for why we should feel good about that, too. But I was glad I watched the show because it made me feel more more excited about the upside and massive potential of the offense. For now, I'm choosing to be optimistic.
V
vancouvercougar
Blaine Fowler said that if 70% of the offensive woes were solely the fault of Taysom then a change should be made, but there is blame to be shared evenly.



We didn't have the luxury of tuning up our new offense against SUU and San Jose State. Even in the LaVell years I hoped for a couple of easy games each year to open the season to tune up the offense.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.