Archived Topic

Of the Position Groups Listed in Which do You Have the LEAST Amount of Confidence?

by SpiffCoug · 6/22/2017

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Time to see how everyone is feeling about the upcoming season. Let's look at each position group. Where are BYU fans confident? Where are the concerns?



For this poll, which group are you most concerned about? Where do you have the least amount of confidence going into the 2017 season?



Me? I have little confidence in our WR group. I think Tanner Mangum will make them look better, but I'm not sold on anyone other than Jonah Trinamann.



What do you guys think?
M
Mars
I'm worried about RB, WR, TE, and DL. And that human Tanner might take awhile to meet the expectations of demigod Tanner.
F
frdbtr
The WR group and it isn't even close. I'm sure this will come as a surprise to most of you ;) I don't have confidence in any of them. Trinneman didn't show any ability to beat a press last year even though he is fast. I am in hope mode with them that someone that was not in the lineup last year will burst onto the scene and show some toughness. I have little hope of that because we have "pillows and feathers" for a receivers coach.
G
Gunk
WR. No question. I suspect it won't be till 2018 that we have a decent WR corps.



RB, I think we'll be fine. We won't get the same production from that position last season, but I don't see them as a liability.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I keep scratching my head on where the receiving yards will go, and I think that the passing attack will do mostly fine, and at sometimes great and sometimes not fine. I forsee a 3000+ passing year. I think JTrinn will emerge and get better, and I can only hope he can put up Collie or Hoffman numbers. I think there will be someone who steps up in a great way in the slot, maybe Talon Shumway. I think tight end yardage will be better, not great, but I do think MLP makes some big plays here.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.