Archived Topic

Any Heimuli News???

by Ddawg · 1/10/2010

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Today's trib blog is saying that Heimuli has officially taken BYU off his list of potential schools since we don't have a scholarship for him and want him to go on a mission before enrolling:



http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p=9694&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1



If he isn't even visiting Utah then that means he will be going to a Pac-10 school.


I like how Drew (the U fan) is saying BYU "bungled" this one. What happened is BYU did just what they always do--offer the kid, but warn him that if the scholarships fill up, that's it. Heimuli waited too long, BYU said you can still come if you do a mission first, and he got all butt hurt that BYU wouldn't hold a scholarship while he made up his mind.



I'm not a big fan of pandering to 17 and 18 year old kids, so I am a HUGE fan of BYU's recruiting approach. Treat them like adults, not celebrities.
B
BerliNY
snoscythe wrote:
Today's trib blog is saying that Heimuli has officially taken BYU off his list of potential schools since we don't have a scholarship for him and want him to go on a mission before enrolling:



http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p=9694&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1



If he isn't even visiting Utah then that means he will be going to a Pac-10 school.


I like how Drew (the U fan) is saying BYU "bungled" this one. What happened is BYU did just what they always do--offer the kid, but warn him that if the scholarships fill up, that's it. Heimuli waited too long, BYU said you can still come if you do a mission first, and he got all butt hurt that BYU wouldn't hold a scholarship while he made up his mind.



I'm not a big fan of pandering to 17 and 18 year old kids, so I am a HUGE fan of BYU's recruiting approach. Treat them like adults, not celebrities.


Word.
L
Lawboy
So if Schwenke is truly off the table(I do not think he is), does BYU now offer that spot to Heimuli? He is at UW today, and BYU could call and visit him up until tomorrow. What do you guys think BYU ought to do here?
B
beauso79
Lawboy wrote:
So if Schwenke is truly off the table(I do not think he is), does BYU now offer that spot to Heimuli? He is at UW today, and BYU could call and visit him up until tomorrow. What do you guys think BYU ought to do here?


I think we already lost out on Heimuli. Even though the Cougars are still over on schollies I'd still like to see them offer Heimuli a scholarship now.
G
gmj81
BYU didn't lose out on Heimuli or Schwenke. They took themselves out of the running. Heimuli never really expressed much interest in BYU regardless if he never said they were fully out of the picture. His latest reaction to be left out in the cold makes it obvious he's been looking for a long time for evidence to provide his family that BYU is evil and not where he should be.



And Schwenke simply chose to sweep his own BYU offer off the table at the prospect of landing ones from ND and UW.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
gmj81 wrote:
His latest reaction to be left out in the cold makes it obvious he's been looking for a long time for evidence to provide his family that BYU is evil and not where he should be.


Yes this is very obviously what his latest reaction suggests. Wow.
L
Lawboy
Just read something on ESPN today that Ricky is choosing between Oregon, UCLA, Washington and Utah. BYU is not on his list as of today, so no late push by BYU to get him.
L
Lawboy
UW dropped off his list, per his Dad. Down to Utah, UCLA and Oregon. I pray he goes to the PAC10. Utah always has good DE, but OK DTs. This kid will be a GREAT DT. He is also best friends with Coach Whit;s son, and hangs over at the WHit house on weekends, by reports. Hope that does not sway him.



JUST SAY NO TO THE UTES.
Page 3 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.