Archived Topic

Hair Thompson rides again

by EM_Puma · 2/28/2018

Advertisement
B
BlueK
change can be good. The baseball and women's soccer teams would be joining a much weaker league. Basketball would probably be better. The rest of the sports are pretty much a wash as far as I can tell.
1
1967cougar
Remember the snake story. It fits Hair Thompson.



"You knew what I was when you picked me up."



Don't make the mistake of trusting Snake Thompson.
B
BlueK
1967cougar wrote:

Remember the snake story. It fits Hair Thompson.



"You knew what I was when you picked me up."



Don't make the mistake of trusting Snake Thompson.


Not that big of a deal. Just get what we want in writing. Comcast was the real villain as far as the TV situation went and they're no longer there.
A
ABYUFAN
If Gonzaga moves the the MWC their fans will regret it in less than 4 years. The league isn't friendly to successful private institutions. Gonzaga fans will quickly become tired of how they're portrayed by the other school fans
J
Jarhead
I have two comments:

1. I’d be fine joining the MWC in everything but football with Gonzaga.

2. This thread title’s is perfect.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Interesting to see the different fan base reactions

MWC

https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/topic/75687-craig-thompson-mountain-west-has-spoken-to-6-schools-about-expansion-including-gonzaga/



Gonzaga

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?62512-Zags-to-MWC



Gonzaga fans generally see BYU as an advantage. You can see a lot of sour grapes from fans in the MWC, but yet, there is actually a bit more temperate of a view than I expected. Time has a way of softening memories.
S
Sammich
I'm in favor of a move in basketball+Olympic sports. Not sure about Football yet, though I might feel differently if this year turns out anything like the last one.



The biggest question riding on my mind is whether BYU's struggles in the WCC have been a result of the style of play in the WCC vs. the MWC, or if the difference between BYU's player potential vs. performance is actually widening. It might be a combination of both.
S
scott715
I wonder if the location of games is having an impact on recruiting. We do not seem to get a lot of recruits from the west coast area. We use to play mostly in the mountain west area.
Page 2 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.