T
ThrowbackBlueI do a lot of business travel. In my travels I often make it a point to wear some sort of BYU gear to spark gospel conversations and be identifiable to other members of the church.
In the last month I've been to Orlando, Portland, New York, and Boston. In EVERY city, without exception, on the plane... at the hotel.... in airports.... at restaurants..... Anytime I'm wearing BYU gear somebody, without fail, brings up Jimmer. More often than not questions about BYU and the church come up and we discuss the gospel and Jimmer (not to be confused with the gospel of Jimmer).
This has everything to do with every national media outlet in the country taking notice of him and it all reflects very positively.
Jimmer is marketing gold. The tremendous amount of exposure he has brought to himself, the team, the fans, the school, and the church cannot be overstated. It's great to have so much attention directed toward the program, but it's even greater to have an ambassador as likable and down to earth as Jimmer. (even Utes like Jimmer)
If Romney or Huntsman get the GOP nod in 2012, they'd be wise to run on a slogan that somehow incorporates Jimmer into their campaign. e.g. "I'm going to Jimmer the economy" "Yes we Jimmer!" "We will Jimmer the war on terrorism" etc
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
In the last month I've been to Orlando, Portland, New York, and Boston. In EVERY city, without exception, on the plane... at the hotel.... in airports.... at restaurants..... Anytime I'm wearing BYU gear somebody, without fail, brings up Jimmer. More often than not questions about BYU and the church come up and we discuss the gospel and Jimmer (not to be confused with the gospel of Jimmer).
This has everything to do with every national media outlet in the country taking notice of him and it all reflects very positively.
Jimmer is marketing gold. The tremendous amount of exposure he has brought to himself, the team, the fans, the school, and the church cannot be overstated. It's great to have so much attention directed toward the program, but it's even greater to have an ambassador as likable and down to earth as Jimmer. (even Utes like Jimmer)
If Romney or Huntsman get the GOP nod in 2012, they'd be wise to run on a slogan that somehow incorporates Jimmer into their campaign. e.g. "I'm going to Jimmer the economy" "Yes we Jimmer!" "We will Jimmer the war on terrorism" etc
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

