Archived Topic

red vs blue cougars

by BroncoBot · 9/12/2014

Advertisement
U
UCChris
Looking at the offensive yardage stats, it appears to be a good game. I guess it's just not as exciting as the first two games.



Edit: If BYU can't win this game, it'll be another SMH season...
M
Matty-B
hawkwing wrote:
At this point I just HOPE we hang on to win.


No kidding



Ban yzAzz for his jynxing thread. This is all on him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
a1247 wrote:
UCChris wrote:

Just hoping BYU manages to stay on top for another quarter and change.

Doubt this game is in question any longer Utah Community Credit Chris


You might have spoke to soon. Games not over yet

indeed. I don't get that decision to throw to jeurgens(sp?) that turned into interception. Wasn't even close to the sticks and it was 3rd down if I recall.
B
BoiseBYU
Will turnovers and penalties do us in? Or will Taysom write another chapter?
A
a1247
Were are all these stellar wide receivers we heard about. Jergines is not the answer
Advertisement
M
Matty-B
Seeing it again... I blame Jenkins for that pick. His weak hands and inability to hang into the ball have cost us 2 turnovers



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
UCChris
BoiseBYU wrote:
Will turnovers and penalties do us in? Or will Taysom write another chapter?


Gah, the penalties! They annoy me like none other...



:sulk: :sulk: :sulk:
M
Matty-B
On another note... These helmets are friggen awesome. I love em. I wish the midfield logo was a little better but still appreciate the effort.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
a1247
Really non of the receivers can get open really?
U
UCChris
a1247 wrote:
Really non of the receivers can get open really?


We need Taysom to step it up like he did 3rd quarter @ Texas.



However, it's not good that we need Taysom to save the game.
Advertisement
A
a1247
Throw the ball
B
BroncoBot
Impressed with tenacity of houston's d since the first quarter.
G
Guest
I have no idea why Taysom is holding onto the ball as long as he is. It's like he needs to see the receivers make their breaks instead of trusting them to do so.
B
BroncoBot
Turnover are the diference in this game.
U
UCChris
a1247 wrote:
Throw the ball


To whom? I haven't been impressed with any WR's this game.
Advertisement
A
a1247
Slants have been open all night
A
a1247
hawkwing wrote:
I have no idea why Taysom is holding onto the ball as long as he is. It's like he needs to see the receivers make their breaks instead of trusting them to do so.


He looks like he doesn't even look up field for more than a half a second before he's looking to run.
U
UCChris
a1247 wrote:
Slants have been open all night


You mean the quick slants that have been consistently open for the last 3 games?



Anae doesn't like to call them for some reason...
J
jacksonman
hawkwing wrote:
I have no idea why Taysom is holding onto the ball as long as he is. It's like he needs to see the receivers make their breaks instead of trusting them to do so.


Just put this in my post. I have noticed this his whole career at BYU. He either doesn't trust the receivers, can't read the defense or anticipate how plays will unfold, or just has a hard time pulling the trigger until the receiver is actually open and after the last receiver move.



I hope this game helps him improve on this but it is the same problem he had last year and I really have seen very little if any improvement from him on this.
G
Guest
UCChris wrote:
Slants have been open all night


You mean the quick slants that have been consistently open for the last 3 games?



Anae doesn't like to call them for some reason...


Are you related to BlueIsBetter?
Page 5 of 7
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.