Archived Topic

red vs blue cougars

by BroncoBot · 9/12/2014

Advertisement
A
a1247
UCChris wrote:
Throw the ball


To whom? I haven't been impressed with any WR's this game.


Is it the receivers, the routes, or is just Taysom looking to run before giving the receivers a chance to get open. Grant it the oline has pass protected as well as a grandma protecting the cookie jar from the grand kids.
U
UCChris
hawkwing wrote:
a1247 wrote:
Slants have been open all night


You mean the quick slants that have been consistently open for the last 3 games?



Anae doesn't like to call them for some reason...


Are you related to BlueIsBetter?


I am not. I am, however, CougDoc's son.
G
Guest
UCChris wrote:
UCChris wrote:
Slants have been open all night


You mean the quick slants that have been consistently open for the last 3 games?



Anae doesn't like to call them for some reason...


Are you related to BlueIsBetter?


I am not. I am, however, CougDoc's son.


Welcome to the site!
B
BroncoBot
UCChris wrote:
Slants have been open all night


You mean the quick slants that have been consistently open for the last 3 games?



Anae doesn't like to call them for some reason...

Yeah, why isn't Anae throwing slants EVERY play. :roll:
B
BroncoBot
where is algernon Brown?
Advertisement
G
Guest
Glad to come away with the win.



Seriously closer than it should have been.
U
UCChris
Thanks Hawkwing.



Well, they held on. I don't think it was a top 25 performance though.



:angry:
A
a1247
UCChris wrote:
Slants have been open all night




Anae doesn't like to call them for some reason...


Easy, talk like that about Anea could possible rub some on here wrong....not me per say but some :whistle:
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
Glad to come away with the win.



Seriously closer than it should have been.

Which is what happens when you give the ball away 3 times and allow a hail mary pass with 3 seconds in the first half. Should have been an absolute blowout.
B
BroncoBot
I'll take the win though. Welcome to the site UCChris!
Advertisement
U
UCChris
BroncoBot wrote:
Glad to come away with the win.



Seriously closer than it should have been.

Which is what happens when you give the ball away 3 times and allow a hail mary pass with 3 seconds in the first half. Should have been an absolute blowout.


It should've looked like the first quarter all game. I was wondering if BYU would hit sixty this game...



Sorry 'bout the Anae comments. For the record, I like him and the way he is running BYU's offense this year.
J
Jarhead
we're 3-0 for only the second time under Bronco. Ugly game, but still gotta Rise and shout.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
If Bronco ever calls another fake punt on 4th and 1 with TAYSOM HILL @ QB then he should immediately be put on the hot seat. That was one of the most irresponsible play calls I have ever witnessed and was a sign of weakness imo that Houston fed off the rest of the game. How many times has Taysom ever been stopped on 3rd or 4th and 1? I daresay the answer is never. If you want to keep playing offense then push them back and get the first down. We don't need to pussyfoot with a team like UofH.
J
Jarhead
mizzoucoug wrote:
If Bronco ever calls another fake punt on 4th and 1 with TAYSOM HILL @ QB then he should immediately be put on the hot seat. That was one of the most irresponsible play calls I have ever witnessed and was a sign of weakness imo that Houston fed off the rest of the game. How many times has Taysom ever been stopped on 3rd or 4th and 1? I daresay the answer is never. If you want to keep playing offense then push them back and get the first down. We don't need to pussyfoot with a team like UofH.


That call blew me away. Not sure if I would have gone for it there, but if I did I know who's hands it needs to be in.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
Ungoy
I'm pretty sure that was the punter's decision to run on 4th and 1. I don't think that was what Bronco called the play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
A win - but nothing to brag about. I think BYU made too many mistakes (getting the ball stripped away too much). If BYU wants to elevate to elite status, they must improve and eliminate the grade B mistakes. I also think Taysom runs too much. He is very effective and exiting while running. No doubt. But, T. Hill is too valuable. With the offensive weapons he has, he should not have to expose himself to the hard hits and injury as often as he does. I want T. Hill healthy for the bowl game.
M
mizzoucoug
Ungoy wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was the punter's decision to run on 4th and 1. I don't think that was what Bronco called the play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Um, he should never be given that option in such a situation. That's on Bronco 100%. Embarrassing.
U
Ungoy
mizzoucoug wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was the punter's decision to run on 4th and 1. I don't think that was what Bronco called the play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Um, he should never be given that option in such a situation. That's on Bronco 100%. Embarrassing.


Bronco said in the post game comments that the punt was not called with a punter read option to run. That was all on the punter.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
mizzoucoug wrote:
If Bronco ever calls another fake punt on 4th and 1 with TAYSOM HILL @ QB then he should immediately be put on the hot seat. That was one of the most irresponsible play calls I have ever witnessed and was a sign of weakness imo that Houston fed off the rest of the game. How many times has Taysom ever been stopped on 3rd or 4th and 1? I daresay the answer is never. If you want to keep playing offense then push them back and get the first down. We don't need to pussyfoot with a team like UofH.


The hot heads go off. Emo. Then blame the wrong guy. BYU has a rugby punt play and a rugby read punt play. In Rigby punt, you roll and punt, period. That was what was called. Arrellano thought he saw a seam and Made That Decision all on his own. Call in show on KSL Bronco was asked about it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
mizzoucoug wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was the punter's decision to run on 4th and 1. I don't think that was what Bronco called the play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Um, he should never be given that option in such a situation. That's on Bronco 100%. Embarrassing.


let's make this even clearer for you. He does not have the option on that play. He is in the dog house. Rugby Read Punt gives him the option. Rugby Read was not the call.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 6 of 7
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.