Archived Topic

red vs blue cougars

by BroncoBot · 9/12/2014

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
mizzoucoug wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was the punter's decision to run on 4th and 1. I don't think that was what Bronco called the play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Um, he should never be given that option in such a situation. That's on Bronco 100%. Embarrassing.


Arellano actually thought he made the first down when he was about 2 yards short. I don't think he knew exactly where the down marker was.
I
imuakahuku
BroncoBot wrote:
where is algernon Brown?


He was hurt vs TX but I thought was expected to be able to play. I guess they thought differently. He was the x factor in my opinion vs TX.



To me this was much closer because BYU made soooooo many mental mistakes. Since I was 10 in backyard football we knew to step out of bounds when time was running out. Why in the world would you turn in after such a big gain lower your head and try to gain one more yard instead of trying to get out. Just unbelievable.
J
Jarhead
Ungoy wrote:
Ungoy wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was the punter's decision to run on 4th and 1. I don't think that was what Bronco called the play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Um, he should never be given that option in such a situation. That's on Bronco 100%. Embarrassing.


Bronco said in the post game comments that the punt was not called with a punter read option to run. That was all on the punter.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Wow. Huge mental mistake. Glad to know what really happened.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
imuakahuku
Jarhead wrote:
mizzoucoug wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was the punter's decision to run on 4th and 1. I don't think that was what Bronco called the play.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Um, he should never be given that option in such a situation. That's on Bronco 100%. Embarrassing.


Bronco said in the post game comments that the punt was not called with a punter read option to run. That was all on the punter.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Wow. Huge mental mistake. Glad to know what really happened.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The biggest takeaway from this game for me was how many mental mistakes our team made. Taking the pads off at half may be a "mental" way of starting a new game but it didn't seem to work last night. Especially since we started with one right off the bat in the second half.
P
pikoi
My two cents. BYU played a fairly dominant game except for a 3 minute window in which they faced a perfect storm of bad luck, bad decisions and bad calls. Kudos to this team and the coaching staff for recovering from that and controlling the game well enough to claim a victory.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Houston only sustained 1 long scoring drive. They were very opportunistic when BYU kept giving them a short field or when the officials helped them hold and shove their way to a Hail Mary.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
UHCoog
Just wanted to drop by and offer congrats on your win last night. I'm glad the game was somewhat competitive as we haven't gotten off to much of a start this year. Hope the Blue Cougars can go undefeated, and take a playoff spot away from one of the P5 schools. All you can do is win your games. I also look forward to seeing some BYU games on TV this year and watching your QB; he's worth the price of admission. Also, what a beautiful setting for a game you have. I'm definitely putting Lavell Edwards Stadium on my list of places to see a game someday.



Go Coogs!
F
FurriousCougar
UHCoog wrote:
Just wanted to drop by and offer congrats on your win last night. I'm glad the game was somewhat competitive as we haven't gotten off to much of a start this year. Hope the Blue Cougars can go undefeated, and take a playoff spot away from one of the P5 schools. All you can do is win your games. I also look forward to seeing some BYU games on TV this year and watching your QB; he's worth the price of admission. Also, what a beautiful setting for a game you have. I'm definitely putting Lavell Edwards Stadium on my list of places to see a game someday.



Go Coogs!


Thanks for stopping by and the high praises! It was definitely a roller coaster and entertaining game. We also hope you guys win the rest of your games this season as well - your team has got a lot of fight!
N
NDCougar
UHCoog wrote:
Just wanted to drop by and offer congrats on your win last night. I'm glad the game was somewhat competitive as we haven't gotten off to much of a start this year. Hope the Blue Cougars can go undefeated, and take a playoff spot away from one of the P5 schools. All you can do is win your games. I also look forward to seeing some BYU games on TV this year and watching your QB; he's worth the price of admission. Also, what a beautiful setting for a game you have. I'm definitely putting Lavell Edwards Stadium on my list of places to see a game someday.



Go Coogs!


Very classy, best of luck. If your Cougars can get things to mesh you have a few dangerous receivers.
S
SpiffCoug
Hopefully BYU allowed OKorn and Houston to figure a few things out that the offense can do well and that they'll start playing much better and win many more games this year.
Page 7 of 7
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.