My feeling on the matter is that I'd rather play basketball in the MWC than the WCC, especially if Gonzaga moved over. Top to bottom, looking over the last five years, the only teams that have carried the WCC are Gonzaga, SMC and BYU. Over that same time, the MWC has had various teams.
Conference RPI's
2017-18
WCC 13
MWC 9
2016-17
WCC 9
MWC 10
2015-16
WCC 14
MWC 12
2014-15
WCC 11
MWC 9
2013-14
WCC 9
MWC 10
Not a lot of spread, but you pull BYU and Gonzaga out of the WCC and those numbers change radically for both conferences.
It's hard to not want, if we're not going to be in a P5 conference, to enjoy playing in front of several thousand more fans than the token amounts of the WCC. I don't want to bag on any of the WCC teams. They've been classy and I respect them, but on the other hand, to be left by Gonzaga in the WCC--that's not at all desirable.